China combats illegal organ transplants
Beijing: China`s health ministry Monday vowed to cooperate with police investigations into medical institutions and workers involved in instances of illegal human organ transplants.
Police will announce the list of hospitals and doctors involved in some recently-uncovered human organ trafficking rings, the China Daily quoted a ministry official as saying.
The ministry will work with judicial departments to punish those who have violated professional codes, the official said.
Police said this month that 137 suspects had been arrested in the latest crackdown on human organ trafficking. Police rescued 127 organ suppliers in the operation.
Under law, those convicted of "forced organ removal, forced organ donation or organ removal from juveniles" could face punishment for homicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet