Fortis creates Guinness Record for max cholesterol tests a day
New Delhi: Fortis Healthcare today entered into the Guinness book of world records by organising a massive programme to check coronary disease in the NCR region on World Heart Day.
The awareness campaign, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, generated an overwhelming response, with 14,161 free cholesterol tests conducted on adults at all Fortis facilities and select SRL Labs in the NCR region covering Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad.
Deranged cholesterol is one of the major causes of heart disease and it is essential to monitor cholesterol levels on a regular basis so that onset of heart disease can be prevented or controlled at an early stage, thus reducing the risk of a fatal heart condition or associated ailments.
Ashok Seth, Chairman, Cardiac Sciences, Fortis Escort Heart Institute said, "High cholesterol runs in families and to create awareness, early detection of high cholesterol is critical."
Guinness World Records Representative, Nikhil Shukla, present on the occasion, announced Fortis Healthcare`s Guinness book achievement of setting `Most Blood Cholesterol Readings in 24 Hours` record.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered