Fortis creates Guinness Record for max cholesterol tests a day
New Delhi: Fortis Healthcare today entered into the Guinness book of world records by organising a massive programme to check coronary disease in the NCR region on World Heart Day.
The awareness campaign, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, generated an overwhelming response, with 14,161 free cholesterol tests conducted on adults at all Fortis facilities and select SRL Labs in the NCR region covering Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad.
Deranged cholesterol is one of the major causes of heart disease and it is essential to monitor cholesterol levels on a regular basis so that onset of heart disease can be prevented or controlled at an early stage, thus reducing the risk of a fatal heart condition or associated ailments.
Ashok Seth, Chairman, Cardiac Sciences, Fortis Escort Heart Institute said, "High cholesterol runs in families and to create awareness, early detection of high cholesterol is critical."
Guinness World Records Representative, Nikhil Shukla, present on the occasion, announced Fortis Healthcare`s Guinness book achievement of setting `Most Blood Cholesterol Readings in 24 Hours` record.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state