Fortis opens super-specialty hospital in Singapore
Singapore: Fortis Healthcare today said it has opened a super-specialty hospital `Fortis Colorectal Hospital (FCH)` in Singapore to treat colorectal disorders.
The facility is dedicated to the management of colorectal conditions including colorectal cancer which is amongst the highest in cancer affected patients in Singapore.
Speaking at the opening of the hospital, Singapore Minister of State for Health Amy Khor said: "Fortis` investment in the treatment of colorectal disease, exemplified in this hospital, is very timely".
FCH will also focus on education and research to improve the quality of colorectal disease treatment in the region, Fortis Healthcare said.
Commenting on the development Fortis Healthcare Group CEO Vishal Bali said: "The Fortis Colorectal Hospital in Singapore is an important step in our journey to be a leading provider of healthcare delivery in Asia Pacific. This is our first greenfield hospital internationally and the 76th in our global network".
FCH is also collaborating with the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) to accelerate translational research in colorectal cancer, the company said.
Fortis Healthcare currently has over 75 hospitals with more than 12,000 beds, 600 primary care centres, 191 day care specialty centres, over 210 diagnostic centres, with over 4,000 doctors and 23,000 employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo