Fortis opens super-specialty hospital in Singapore
Singapore: Fortis Healthcare today said it has opened a super-specialty hospital `Fortis Colorectal Hospital (FCH)` in Singapore to treat colorectal disorders.
The facility is dedicated to the management of colorectal conditions including colorectal cancer which is amongst the highest in cancer affected patients in Singapore.
Speaking at the opening of the hospital, Singapore Minister of State for Health Amy Khor said: "Fortis` investment in the treatment of colorectal disease, exemplified in this hospital, is very timely".
FCH will also focus on education and research to improve the quality of colorectal disease treatment in the region, Fortis Healthcare said.
Commenting on the development Fortis Healthcare Group CEO Vishal Bali said: "The Fortis Colorectal Hospital in Singapore is an important step in our journey to be a leading provider of healthcare delivery in Asia Pacific. This is our first greenfield hospital internationally and the 76th in our global network".
FCH is also collaborating with the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) to accelerate translational research in colorectal cancer, the company said.
Fortis Healthcare currently has over 75 hospitals with more than 12,000 beds, 600 primary care centres, 191 day care specialty centres, over 210 diagnostic centres, with over 4,000 doctors and 23,000 employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab