Maharashtra to ban gutka, pan masala
Mumbai: Maharashtra government was contemplating a ban on gutka and pan masala products, Deputy Chief Minister and senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar said Sunday.
"It does not matter even if we face a loss of Rs 100 crore in tax from gutka and pan masala. Compromising with the lives of the youth is unacceptable. We will soon bring in a legislation in this regard," Pawar said, while speaking during the launch of Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress (RYC), on the occasion of 13th anniversary of the Sharad Pawar-led party.
The proposal would be soon put before the cabinet, he said.
Among other things, Pawar also said that NCP MLAs in the state would allocate Rs 20 lakh each from their MLA funds for constructing toilets for women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success