New device can scan brain diseases
Jerusalem: A device that can scan and provide a three-dimensional image of the brain to help treat diseases like Alzheimer`s was developed by an Israeli firm.
The non-invasive system, called the BNA, or Brain Network Activation, was developed by ElMindA, reports Xinhua.
It helps doctors visualize the connectivity between nerve cells and synchronization that can even measure the severity of the patients condition from one day to another, the Israel21c news site said.
BNA developers hope the system will become a regular way of diagnosing brain illnesses.
"Our vision is that every psychiatrist and neurologist in the world will routinely send every patient for BNA tests," said Eli Zangvil, ElMindA`s strategic advisor for business development.
"Our test would add information and aid in diagnostics in a way no other existing technology can do," he added.
BNA could help doctors find out exactly at what stage a patient`s illness is and prescribe exact medication.
"To do that, we must collect a lot of data," Zangvil said.
"To say this person has a certain disease or condition, I have to be able to compare their pattern to a normal brain pattern of a person of the same age and gender," he said.
Researchers hope to gather the amount of data they need to obtain FDA approval in the US by the end of 2012, and start marketing it to hospitals by 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you