Sleep better: Eat these 5 foods to fall asleep
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Most of us face problems in getting a sound sleep. There may be several factors that can be responsible for this, like work pressure, family responsibilities, relationship issues, etc.
It is important to keep a check on sleep loss because it alters immune system, just the way it happens in the case of stress.
Here are a few food items you can include in your diet and have a good night sleep easily.
Almonds: Eating almonds actually works wonders in helping you fall asleep easily. It is a rich source of magnesium, a mineral responsible for good quality sleep.
Bananas: Eating a banana at night can help you snooze as it is an abundant source of magnesium and potassium and thus prevents muscle cramps at night.
Honey: Honey contains glucose, which shuts off the chemical known as orexin in your body which is responsible for making you alert all throughout the day.
Oats: Oats is a storehouse of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and silicon which support sleep. So having a bowl of oatmeal before going to bed will help.
Lukewarm milk: The traditonal saying of drinking a glass of lukewarm milk befor going to sleep holds true. It helps in falling asleep easily as it has a relaxing effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown