Soon, blood test to help win `battle of the bulge`
London: A simple blood test could help beat obesity as researchers have found what makes us gorge on junk food.
The major discovery could lead to quick and effective ways of curbing Britain's spiralling obesity problem, the Daily Express reported.
It was made by researchers at the University of Copenhagen who discovered a number of genetic links to over-eating.
Once people become aware of these traits they could make lifestyle changes to help prevent themselves gain weight, the researchers said.
Professor Haja Kadarmideen, who led the research using 1,200 pigs, said they have confirmed that genetics play a huge role in both how much we eat and who is more likely to pile on the pounds.
For some pigs with certain genes, overeating was normal behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress