Soon, blood test to help win `battle of the bulge`
London: A simple blood test could help beat obesity as researchers have found what makes us gorge on junk food.
The major discovery could lead to quick and effective ways of curbing Britain's spiralling obesity problem, the Daily Express reported.
It was made by researchers at the University of Copenhagen who discovered a number of genetic links to over-eating.
Once people become aware of these traits they could make lifestyle changes to help prevent themselves gain weight, the researchers said.
Professor Haja Kadarmideen, who led the research using 1,200 pigs, said they have confirmed that genetics play a huge role in both how much we eat and who is more likely to pile on the pounds.
For some pigs with certain genes, overeating was normal behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot