Three die of Dengue in Kota region, 7 more cases reported
Kota (Raj): The threat of Dengue is looming large in the region after three persons died of the vector-borne disease and seven more new cases were reported, officials said Wednesday.
Three persons from Jhalawar district of the Kota division who had tested positive for Dengue died here three days back, Kota Chief Medical and Health Officer, Gagendra Singh Sisodiya said.
The health department has put in place several preventive measures and constituted medical teams to check the spread of the disease, Sisodiya said, adding that DDT is also being sprayed in the affected areas.
Confirming the deaths, Maharao Bheem Singh Hospital`s Superintendent Dr A K Gupta said all efforts are being taken to check the Dengue breakout from spreading in the region.
Residents of the affected areas have been asked to clean water coolers at their homes, he added.
Seven persons from Bundi district of the Kota division have also tested positive for Dengue and they are currently undergoing treatment, Bundi Chief Medical Officer R N Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery