New Delhi: If you are unhappy with your tiny frame and wish to put on some weight, then eat properly, exercise and sleep well, says an expert.
Shubha Dhyani, dietician, Park Hospital, Gurgaon suggests easy ways to gain weight:
* Eat food items that have calories and protein. Fish, eggs and meat are good sources of protein. You can get your daily dose of calories from peanuts, banana chips and dried fruits.
* Since you are on a high calorie and protein diet, you must ensure that your physical activity is not compromised. However, you must not do cardio as it will keep you from putting on weight. Complex and compound exercises on the other hand are best for you. This includes bench presses and squats.
* Even if you are gaining weight, you must keep a track of calories you are consuming. Making a diet chart for that and consulting an expert becomes very important. Once the diet chart is made, it should be followed.
* Proper sleep: Getting proper sleep is also important as the body builds muscle even while you are sleeping. You must keep in mind that sleeping six hours is also not enough, eight to nine hours is a must.
* You must not drink water before meals as it fills the stomach. Water also makes it difficult to absorb calories, and the weight gain process becomes slower.