Four healthy reasons to eat seafood
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Many researchers have shown that seafood, especially fatty fish, can be good for your overall health. It is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and vitamins.
Scientists have long ago noticed that the Inuits have low levels of heart disease since they depend mostly on seafood for sustenance and research over the years have proved this to be true. A recent research revealed that including one portion of seafood in your weekly diet may halve the chances of suffering a heart attack as more omega-3 help lower the amount of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
Oily fish also helps to support brain and nerve function thereby lowering the risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Fish oil is known to reduce inflammation and help prevent rheumatoid arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases.
Seafood is packed with minerals like zinc, iodine and selenium. They help in the smooth running of the body, control growth and metabolism and help prevent diseases like cancer. Vitamins in seafood also help to keep the skin and eyesight healthy and help strengthen bones and teeth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video