Junk food can damage your memory in just six days
Sydney: Junk food not only hurts your health but also your memory, according to a new study.
The study by Margaret Morris, the head of pharmacology at the University of NSW, has found that eating a diet loaded with saturated fat and sugar may have an immediate effect on the brain's cognitive ability and may cause memory loss.
Morris examined memory in rats and found that exposure to junk food over just six days reduced spatial recognition or ability to notice when an object had been moved to a new location, Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Morris found that after consuming a high sugar and fat diet for one week, the hippocampus, the brain structure which is critical for learning and memory, had increased inflammation.
The study also suggested that the damage was not reversed when the rats were switched back to a healthy diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future