Soon, sprayable coffee to give caffeine junkies their daily fix
New York: A Harvard researcher has developed a spray that will give you your much needed caffeine fix without having to drink it.
Harvard undergraduate Ben Yu and Venture Capitalist Deven Soni are betting that their new product, Sprayable Energy, will give coffee and energy drinks a run for their money as the world`s stimulant of choice.
The concept is refreshingly simple. Sprayable Energy consists of water, caffeine and an amino acid that helps the body absorb it.
Four sprays of the odorless solution on a person`s neck or wrists will provide roughly the same caffeine as a small cup of coffee, but because the product is absorbed through the skin, it comes with less of a jolt and fewer lingering jitters than your average Starbucks coffee or Monster energy drink.
Soni told the New York Daily News that their goal is not for people to feel like they`ve had that big caffeine rush, but to make them feel more awake.
Soni, 33, and Yu, 21, are hoping to have their product for sale in stores by the end of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs