Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Ginger has been used for years as a natural home remedy to cure various kinds of ailments. The wonder herb not only adds flavour to the food but is also of great medicinal value. Ginger also contains good amount of antioxidants and vital minerals which help combat a lot many diseases. Not just this, ginger is loaded with compounds which help suppress allergic reactions.
All these properties make ginger a powerhouse of innumerable health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger helps a lot in digestion as if it is consumed before the meals, it helps release digestive juices, thus, improving the appetite.
- In some women, it helps in easing menstrual pain.
- Helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Chewing a piece of ginger tossed in honey helps relieve the severity of nausea.
- It is very helpful in treating cough and sore throat associated with colds.