Top 5 health benefits of Ginger
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Ginger has been used for years as a natural home remedy to cure various kinds of ailments. The wonder herb not only adds flavour to the food but is also of great medicinal value. Ginger also contains good amount of antioxidants and vital minerals which help combat a lot many diseases. Not just this, ginger is loaded with compounds which help suppress allergic reactions.
All these properties make ginger a powerhouse of innumerable health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger helps a lot in digestion as if it is consumed before the meals, it helps release digestive juices, thus, improving the appetite.
- In some women, it helps in easing menstrual pain.
- Helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Chewing a piece of ginger tossed in honey helps relieve the severity of nausea.
- It is very helpful in treating cough and sore throat associated with colds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested