Top 5 health benefits of Ginger
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Ginger has been used for years as a natural home remedy to cure various kinds of ailments. The wonder herb not only adds flavour to the food but is also of great medicinal value. Ginger also contains good amount of antioxidants and vital minerals which help combat a lot many diseases. Not just this, ginger is loaded with compounds which help suppress allergic reactions.
All these properties make ginger a powerhouse of innumerable health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger helps a lot in digestion as if it is consumed before the meals, it helps release digestive juices, thus, improving the appetite.
- In some women, it helps in easing menstrual pain.
- Helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Chewing a piece of ginger tossed in honey helps relieve the severity of nausea.
- It is very helpful in treating cough and sore throat associated with colds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed