Best home remedies to get rid of sunspots!
Sunspots, also known as Solar Lentigines, usually affect people with lighter skin, but anyone can get them.
Zee Media bureau
New Delhi: Are you worried about sunspots on your face and other parts of your skin? Well, we have some best home remedies for you to get rid of those darkened spots caused by direct, prolonged exposure to ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun.
Seema Malik, a skin and cosmetic surgeon, shares a few tips on how to avoid getting sunspots:
- Place a cool compress on spotted skin.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- Add one cup of cider vinegar to a bath to help balance the pH (acid or alkalinity) of spotted skin, and promote healing.
- Soak in an oatmeal bath. This is especially helpful for itchy sunburned skin.
- Use lotions that contain aloe vera to soothe and moisturize skin.
- Apply cool, not cold milk with a clean cloth to your skin. The milk will create a protein film that helps ease sunburn discomfort.
- Vitamin E and antioxidants can help decrease inflammation caused by sunburn. Use Vitamin E oil on skin or take a regular dose of the supplement.
- Apply freshly brewed tea, after it has cooled, to skin using a clean cloth. The tannic acid in black tea is said to help draw heat from sunburned skin, and also aids in restoring the pH balance.
- Cucumbers have natural antioxidant and analgesic properties. Chill cucumbers, then mash in a blender to create a paste, and apply to affected areas including the face.
Sunspots, also known as Solar Lentigines, usually affect people with lighter skin, but anyone can get them. If you are concerned about any spot on your skin get it checked from a dermatologist.