Oral hygiene: 5 home remedies to cure toothache
Do you feel miserable when you bite into your favourite ice cream and you get a toothache? Toothache is one of the most common problems that is faced by anyone and the worst part is that it attacks without warning.
Toothache is characterised by acute and constant pain in the teeth. If not timely treated, it may be required to be extracted.
Generally, the ache is caused when the tooth starts decaying due to high intake of soft drinks, chocolates, candies, basically sugar in any forms. Hence, it is important to keep a check on this throbbing pain or else it may eventually lead to cavities, gum diseases and other tooth infections.
Here are five easy home remedies to cure toothaches:
Clove oil: This is by far the best home remedy if one is suffering from toothache as it has anti-microbial properties. So, applying a little clove oil on the decayed tooth provides relief from tooth pain.
Raw onion: Chewing raw onions whenever one faces toothache is a good home remedy as onions have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which kill bacteria in the mouth and reduce pain.
Salt water: Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of salt into it. Now, rinse your mouth thoroughly with it and you would notice instant relief as it reduces pain and swelling on the nerves.
Aloevera gel: It helps in reducing the pain as when applied on the decayed tooth, it makes that area numb and helps it heal.
Asafoetida and lemon juice: Mix a few drops of lemon juice in asafoetida to make a thick paste. Now, use a cotton swab and apply it on the aching gum to get quick relief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in