Oral hygiene: 5 home remedies to cure toothache
Do you feel miserable when you bite into your favourite ice cream and you get a toothache? Toothache is one of the most common problems that is faced by anyone and the worst part is that it attacks without warning.
Toothache is characterised by acute and constant pain in the teeth. If not timely treated, it may be required to be extracted.
Generally, the ache is caused when the tooth starts decaying due to high intake of soft drinks, chocolates, candies, basically sugar in any forms. Hence, it is important to keep a check on this throbbing pain or else it may eventually lead to cavities, gum diseases and other tooth infections.
Here are five easy home remedies to cure toothaches:
Clove oil: This is by far the best home remedy if one is suffering from toothache as it has anti-microbial properties. So, applying a little clove oil on the decayed tooth provides relief from tooth pain.
Raw onion: Chewing raw onions whenever one faces toothache is a good home remedy as onions have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which kill bacteria in the mouth and reduce pain.
Salt water: Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of salt into it. Now, rinse your mouth thoroughly with it and you would notice instant relief as it reduces pain and swelling on the nerves.
Aloevera gel: It helps in reducing the pain as when applied on the decayed tooth, it makes that area numb and helps it heal.
Asafoetida and lemon juice: Mix a few drops of lemon juice in asafoetida to make a thick paste. Now, use a cotton swab and apply it on the aching gum to get quick relief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH