close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Chhota Rajan claims threat to life in Bali, seeks consular access

Underworld don Chhota Rajan has sought consular access in view of the threat to his life in Bali.


Chhota Rajan claims threat to life in Bali, seeks consular access

Bali: Underworld don Chhota Rajan, who has been nabbed in Indonesia's Bali, has written a letter to the Government of India saying that there is a grave threat to his life and wants to be deported to India at the earliest.

Rajan, in a letter addressed to the Indian Consulate, has said that he is not safe even in the custody of Bali police, media reports said on Thursday.

Rajan also talked about his fast deteriorating health as he suffers from kidney failure in the letter, which was forwarded to the Indian authorities by his lawyer.

The ailing underworld don also claimed that he had not taken proper meals since his arrest and said that medical facilities there were not good.

The dreaded gangster also sought consular access in view of the threats to his life in Bali.

Also Read: I did not surrender; want to go to India: Chhota Rajan

Interestingly, Rajan did not address the letter as Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje but as Mohan Kumar.

While talking to reporters earlier, Rajan had said that he was in fact arrested upon landing in Bali and he did not surrender as it was reported by media.

The don flew into Indonesia from Australia.

Also Read: I am not scared of threat from Dawood's gang: Chhota Rajan

Stating that he was unhappy in Bali, Rajan said he wants to go to India, CNN-IBN had earlier reported.

Rajan also denied that he was not en route to Zimbabwe.

Reports had earlier stated that Rajan had told Indonesian police about the threat to his life he faces in India and appealed them to let him go to Zimbabwe.

Also Read: What's 'Chhota' about Chhota Rajan?

The remarks came amid speculation that Rajan had feared elimination at the hands of Chhota Shakeel, the closest aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.

Indian authorities, at present, are working on the documentation to be provided for deportation of Rajan from Indonesia, which has been made easy recently after the two countries signed an agreement to handover criminals based on a court warrant.

The Indian Government had issued a notification on August 21, 2015 to facilitate repatriation of criminals from each other's territory.

Once Dawood's right hand man, 55-year-old Rajan is said to be facing serious security threats from gang of Karachi-based don and has long been hopping places in Southeast Asia to avoid attempts on his life.

"I am not scared," he said when reporters asked him if he was scared of threats to his life from rival gangs, including one headed by Dawood.

However, he parried questions whether he has reached a deal with Indian intelligence agencies to return to India.

The Indonesian Police has provided him a strong protective cover of special commandos amidst reports that rivals could eliminate him.

Asked whether Indonesian police did not find it suspicious to spot Rajan alone as police, rival gangs and mafias were looking for him, Bali Police Commissioner Nainggolan said, "Of course, it is very suspicious. When we caught him, he looked scared...He was smoking constantly."

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video