15 killed, 24 injured as bus plunges into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Fifteen people were killed, 24 got hurt out of six of them are critically injured, when a bus rolled down into a gorge in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The bus on its way to Rajouri from Kandi skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge at Mandir Gala area in Rajouri district, about 156 km from here, this afternoon, police said.
Ten people died on the spot while five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital, police said.
Of the 24 injured, six have been admitted to Government Medical College Hospital here in critical condition.
Transport Minister Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, speaking in the Assembly, expressed sympathy with the family members of the deceased and said that rescue operation has been launched in the area under the supervision of DIG Rajouri-Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter