15 killed, 24 injured as bus plunges into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Fifteen people were killed, 24 got hurt out of six of them are critically injured, when a bus rolled down into a gorge in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The bus on its way to Rajouri from Kandi skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge at Mandir Gala area in Rajouri district, about 156 km from here, this afternoon, police said.
Ten people died on the spot while five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital, police said.
Of the 24 injured, six have been admitted to Government Medical College Hospital here in critical condition.
Transport Minister Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, speaking in the Assembly, expressed sympathy with the family members of the deceased and said that rescue operation has been launched in the area under the supervision of DIG Rajouri-Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'