15 killed, 24 injured as bus plunges into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Fifteen people were killed, 24 got hurt out of six of them are critically injured, when a bus rolled down into a gorge in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The bus on its way to Rajouri from Kandi skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge at Mandir Gala area in Rajouri district, about 156 km from here, this afternoon, police said.
Ten people died on the spot while five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital, police said.
Of the 24 injured, six have been admitted to Government Medical College Hospital here in critical condition.
Transport Minister Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, speaking in the Assembly, expressed sympathy with the family members of the deceased and said that rescue operation has been launched in the area under the supervision of DIG Rajouri-Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?