15 killed, 24 injured as bus plunges into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Fifteen people were killed, 24 got hurt out of six of them are critically injured, when a bus rolled down into a gorge in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The bus on its way to Rajouri from Kandi skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge at Mandir Gala area in Rajouri district, about 156 km from here, this afternoon, police said.
Ten people died on the spot while five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital, police said.
Of the 24 injured, six have been admitted to Government Medical College Hospital here in critical condition.
Transport Minister Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, speaking in the Assembly, expressed sympathy with the family members of the deceased and said that rescue operation has been launched in the area under the supervision of DIG Rajouri-Poonch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents