15 killed, 24 injured as bus plunges into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Fifteen people were killed, 24 got hurt out of six of them are critically injured, when a bus rolled down into a gorge in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The bus on its way to Rajouri from Kandi skidded off the road and rolled down into the gorge at Mandir Gala area in Rajouri district, about 156 km from here, this afternoon, police said.
Ten people died on the spot while five others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital, police said.
Of the 24 injured, six have been admitted to Government Medical College Hospital here in critical condition.
Transport Minister Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, speaking in the Assembly, expressed sympathy with the family members of the deceased and said that rescue operation has been launched in the area under the supervision of DIG Rajouri-Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY