Cong should come out with instances of corruption in J&K govt: NC
Jammu: National Conference on Monday said that if coalition partner Congress feels that certain ministers are corrupt, it should come out with instances and evidence of corruption.
"We are following coalition dharma sincerely -- However, if there are certain instances of corruption -- anybody from Congress feels that there are certain ministers those are corrupt, I would request Congress to come out with instances and evidence," NC provincial president Devender Singh Rana told reporters here.
Replying to question about statement of Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad about corruption in the state government, he said "any ministers concerned can be taken to task--if there are any-- but it is prerogative of government--and not of the party--".
Asserting that he had to sacrifice the wishes of his family members to make his party a vibrant force, Union Minister for Health, Ghulam Nabi Azad, yesterday expressed his concern over rampant corruption in the state. "The image Congress had left in the people after 2002 seems to be damaged due to corruption in the present regime," he had.
"NC and Congress are coalition in J&K -- we have excellent relationship --and coalition is moving forward in best way," Rana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail