CPI-M demands employment commission in J&K
Srinagar: The CPI-M on Thursday demanded setting
up of a commission to deal with unemployment in Jammu and
Kashmir and said the state rich in resources has been
depending on imports.
"A well-evolved employment policy and setting up of
employment commission are imperative to address the
unemployment problem which has assumed an alarming trend in
the state," party state unit secretary M Y Tarigami told a
conference of its youth wing at Anantnag, 55 kms from here.
"There is resentment and agony among the youth who foresee
a bleak future ahead. Despite the state being resourceful and
rich in certain sectors, negligence has not only rendered the
state dependable on imports but has squeezed the job
opportunities as well."
Later, the conference adopted resolutions asking the state
and Central government to abstain from pursuing policy of
job-cuts and contractualisation. It also asked the state
government not to convert permanent vacancies into contractual
The conference also resolved to strive for regularisation
of daily wagers, ad-hoc employees, casual labourers and
contractual workers serving in various government departments
for past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations