CPI-M demands employment commission in J&K
Srinagar: The CPI-M on Thursday demanded setting
up of a commission to deal with unemployment in Jammu and
Kashmir and said the state rich in resources has been
depending on imports.
"A well-evolved employment policy and setting up of
employment commission are imperative to address the
unemployment problem which has assumed an alarming trend in
the state," party state unit secretary M Y Tarigami told a
conference of its youth wing at Anantnag, 55 kms from here.
"There is resentment and agony among the youth who foresee
a bleak future ahead. Despite the state being resourceful and
rich in certain sectors, negligence has not only rendered the
state dependable on imports but has squeezed the job
opportunities as well."
Later, the conference adopted resolutions asking the state
and Central government to abstain from pursuing policy of
job-cuts and contractualisation. It also asked the state
government not to convert permanent vacancies into contractual
The conference also resolved to strive for regularisation
of daily wagers, ad-hoc employees, casual labourers and
contractual workers serving in various government departments
for past several years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'