E-governance holds key to transparency: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Monday said the use of e-governance will reduce
chances of malpractices and will bring transparency and
efficiency in government departments.
"E-governance holds key to transparency and efficiency in
government departments and reduce chances of malpractices to
greater extent," Omar said while launching an e-procurement
portal for Power Development Department (PDD) here.
The portal, designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC),
directly put first purchase of e-procurement of the department
on e-tendering here.
Omar said that e-procurement and e-tendering will reduce
chances of malpractices and avoid delays in the purchase of
equipments and launch of works.
He said that similar initiative for police and housing
departments is being introduced soon while the health and
medical education departments would follow the suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!