E-governance holds key to transparency: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Monday said the use of e-governance will reduce
chances of malpractices and will bring transparency and
efficiency in government departments.
"E-governance holds key to transparency and efficiency in
government departments and reduce chances of malpractices to
greater extent," Omar said while launching an e-procurement
portal for Power Development Department (PDD) here.
The portal, designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC),
directly put first purchase of e-procurement of the department
on e-tendering here.
Omar said that e-procurement and e-tendering will reduce
chances of malpractices and avoid delays in the purchase of
equipments and launch of works.
He said that similar initiative for police and housing
departments is being introduced soon while the health and
medical education departments would follow the suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand