E-governance holds key to transparency: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Monday said the use of e-governance will reduce
chances of malpractices and will bring transparency and
efficiency in government departments.
"E-governance holds key to transparency and efficiency in
government departments and reduce chances of malpractices to
greater extent," Omar said while launching an e-procurement
portal for Power Development Department (PDD) here.
The portal, designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC),
directly put first purchase of e-procurement of the department
on e-tendering here.
Omar said that e-procurement and e-tendering will reduce
chances of malpractices and avoid delays in the purchase of
equipments and launch of works.
He said that similar initiative for police and housing
departments is being introduced soon while the health and
medical education departments would follow the suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state