E-governance holds key to transparency: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah on Monday said the use of e-governance will reduce
chances of malpractices and will bring transparency and
efficiency in government departments.
"E-governance holds key to transparency and efficiency in
government departments and reduce chances of malpractices to
greater extent," Omar said while launching an e-procurement
portal for Power Development Department (PDD) here.
The portal, designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC),
directly put first purchase of e-procurement of the department
on e-tendering here.
Omar said that e-procurement and e-tendering will reduce
chances of malpractices and avoid delays in the purchase of
equipments and launch of works.
He said that similar initiative for police and housing
departments is being introduced soon while the health and
medical education departments would follow the suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested