Father kills 4-yr-old to claim govt compensation in J&K
Srinagar: In a shocking incident, a man killed his 4-year-old daughter in an attempt to pass it off as a murder by militants and claim compensation by the state government.
The accused Altaf Ahmad has been arrested by the police.
The incident took place when the accused sent his wife and son out of the house on some pretext and then slit the throat of his daughter, Muskan.
She was reported as missing by her father and a day later her body was found in an orchard in Dangiwa area.
Altaf`s wife is a village sarpanch and the accused planned to pass off the murder as an assassination by the militants as there have been several instances of attacks on sarpanch recently.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state