Father kills 4-yr-old to claim govt compensation in J&K
Srinagar: In a shocking incident, a man killed his 4-year-old daughter in an attempt to pass it off as a murder by militants and claim compensation by the state government.
The accused Altaf Ahmad has been arrested by the police.
The incident took place when the accused sent his wife and son out of the house on some pretext and then slit the throat of his daughter, Muskan.
She was reported as missing by her father and a day later her body was found in an orchard in Dangiwa area.
Altaf`s wife is a village sarpanch and the accused planned to pass off the murder as an assassination by the militants as there have been several instances of attacks on sarpanch recently.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai