Father kills 4-yr-old to claim govt compensation in J&K
Srinagar: In a shocking incident, a man killed his 4-year-old daughter in an attempt to pass it off as a murder by militants and claim compensation by the state government.
The accused Altaf Ahmad has been arrested by the police.
The incident took place when the accused sent his wife and son out of the house on some pretext and then slit the throat of his daughter, Muskan.
She was reported as missing by her father and a day later her body was found in an orchard in Dangiwa area.
Altaf`s wife is a village sarpanch and the accused planned to pass off the murder as an assassination by the militants as there have been several instances of attacks on sarpanch recently.
(With PTI Inputs)
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- 'Uncle, please send my sister's rapists to jail'- 16-year-old boy writes to PM Narendra Modi seeking justice for his minor sibling