Father kills 4-yr-old to claim govt compensation in J&K
Srinagar: In a shocking incident, a man killed his 4-year-old daughter in an attempt to pass it off as a murder by militants and claim compensation by the state government.
The accused Altaf Ahmad has been arrested by the police.
The incident took place when the accused sent his wife and son out of the house on some pretext and then slit the throat of his daughter, Muskan.
She was reported as missing by her father and a day later her body was found in an orchard in Dangiwa area.
Altaf`s wife is a village sarpanch and the accused planned to pass off the murder as an assassination by the militants as there have been several instances of attacks on sarpanch recently.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH