Father kills 4-yr-old to claim govt compensation in J&K
Srinagar: In a shocking incident, a man killed his 4-year-old daughter in an attempt to pass it off as a murder by militants and claim compensation by the state government.
The accused Altaf Ahmad has been arrested by the police.
The incident took place when the accused sent his wife and son out of the house on some pretext and then slit the throat of his daughter, Muskan.
She was reported as missing by her father and a day later her body was found in an orchard in Dangiwa area.
Altaf`s wife is a village sarpanch and the accused planned to pass off the murder as an assassination by the militants as there have been several instances of attacks on sarpanch recently.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried