Fire breaks out in GB Panth Children Hospital
A fire on Thursday broke out in a paediatrics hospital in Kashmir following which patients were evacuated from the place.
Srinagar: A fire on Thursday broke out in a
paediatrics hospital in Kashmir following which patients were
evacuated from the place.
The fire broke out in the G B Panth Children
Hospital`s canteen, located at the top floor, due to the
leakage of an LPG cylinder, Aamir Ali, Coordindator Disaster
Management Cell, said.
He said the patients, mostly infants and children,
had to be evacuated as a safety measure.
"The fire was immediately brought under control. The
patients have been readmitted to their wards and normal work
has resumed," Ali said.
The canteen is located on the top floor of the
hospital and has a low-wooden ceiling which is vulnerable to
catch fire, he said.
Divisional Commissioner Kashmir Asgar Hassan Samoon
ordered that the canteen be relocated immediately in view of
the vulnerability of the present location, Ali said.