`Homeland` for Pandits in Kashmir only solution: Panun
Jammu: Renewing its demand for carving out a homeland with union territory status for displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley, Panun Kashmir on Sunday said it is the only solution to reverse the "genocide" of the community.
"We reiterate out demand for carving out homeland with union territory status for seven lakh displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley. Homeland is only solution to reverse the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits," Panun Kashmir Chairman Ajay Chrangoo said during a conclave on the emerging political scenario and challenges being faced by the Kashmiri Pandit community.
Panun Kashmir would devise a comprehensive strategy for enhancing the momentum for creation of "homeland" in Kashmir with the union territory status, he said.
"There was a consensus that the forces acting from inside and outside are working in tandem to keep the Kashmiri Pandit community scattered so that a sense of social cohesion in the community is eroded and a blow is dealt to the movement for the resurgence of the community,", he alleged.
"Margdarshan Resolution adopted by the community in 1991 for the carving out of homeland on the north and east of river Vitasta is the only solution for the return and rehabilitation of the Kashmiri Pandits," Chrungoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17