`Homeland` for Pandits in Kashmir only solution: Panun
Jammu: Renewing its demand for carving out a homeland with union territory status for displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley, Panun Kashmir on Sunday said it is the only solution to reverse the "genocide" of the community.
"We reiterate out demand for carving out homeland with union territory status for seven lakh displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley. Homeland is only solution to reverse the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits," Panun Kashmir Chairman Ajay Chrangoo said during a conclave on the emerging political scenario and challenges being faced by the Kashmiri Pandit community.
Panun Kashmir would devise a comprehensive strategy for enhancing the momentum for creation of "homeland" in Kashmir with the union territory status, he said.
"There was a consensus that the forces acting from inside and outside are working in tandem to keep the Kashmiri Pandit community scattered so that a sense of social cohesion in the community is eroded and a blow is dealt to the movement for the resurgence of the community,", he alleged.
"Margdarshan Resolution adopted by the community in 1991 for the carving out of homeland on the north and east of river Vitasta is the only solution for the return and rehabilitation of the Kashmiri Pandits," Chrungoo said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living