Huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered from Keran sector
Srinagar: A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from Keran sector along the Line of Control in Kashmir valley on Monday, even as the operation against militants holed up there entered the 14th day.
"We conducted search operations in the sector and recovered war-like stores of arms and ammunition," Officiating Brigadier General Staff (BGS) Col Sanjay Mitra told reporters here.
He said the recoveries include seven AK 47 rifles, four pistols, one sniper rifle, 20 UBGL grenades, two radio-sets and other war-like stores.
Some medicines and food items were also recovered, he said.
Army had yesterday recovered six AK rifles, 10 pistols, five radio-sets and other items after the search operations in the sector, Col Mitra said.
"The level of preparedness by the terrorists prior to these attempts and their designs are amply clear with recoveries," he said.
The Army launched a massive anti-infiltration operation in Shalbhatti village in Keran Sector on September 24 after noticing a group of 30 to 40 militants trying to sneak into the Valley.
The operation, for the 14th day today, is on in a vast area along the LoC and so far seven militants have been killed -- three in Gujjardoor village on Friday and four in Fateh Gali area of the sector Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan