IAF airlifts 291 stranded civilian passengers to Leh
Jammu: Coming to the rescue of stranded passengers in Jammu, the Indian Air Force on Friday airlifted 291 stranded passengers from the winter capital to Leh.
"IAF has launched its aircraft sorties to airlift 291 stranded passengers, from Jammu to Leh, on being requisitioned by the civil administration today," PRO Defence Col RK Palta said.
A giant IL-76 transport aircraft of the IAF was pressed into service, to ferry the stranded passengers, mostly hailing from Leh and Kargil Districts of J&K, he said.
The passengers, which included 50 women and children, were airlifted today by the special IAF aircraft, Col Palta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II