J&K: 130 people evacuated from snow-hit areas
Jammu: Over 130 people have been evacuated
from the snow-hit areas of Jammu and Kashmir following reports of trapped people and damaged houses due to heavy snowfall in upper reaches of the region.
"We have conducted several evacuations from various
snow-bound areas in Ramban district and shifted 28 families to
a safer area," SP (Ramban) Anil Magotra said.
Out of the 28, Magotra said, 10 families from Kurzi
village, five from Hargam village and one each from Mangit and
Aramdhaka villages were shifted by the police to safer places.
Police also evacuated nine migrant families from
Sangaldan area of the district, who were trapped in the recent
continuous heavy snowfall in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next