J&K: 130 people evacuated from snow-hit areas
Jammu: Over 130 people have been evacuated
from the snow-hit areas of Jammu and Kashmir following reports of trapped people and damaged houses due to heavy snowfall in upper reaches of the region.
"We have conducted several evacuations from various
snow-bound areas in Ramban district and shifted 28 families to
a safer area," SP (Ramban) Anil Magotra said.
Out of the 28, Magotra said, 10 families from Kurzi
village, five from Hargam village and one each from Mangit and
Aramdhaka villages were shifted by the police to safer places.
Police also evacuated nine migrant families from
Sangaldan area of the district, who were trapped in the recent
continuous heavy snowfall in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies