J&K: Cache of arms recovered from Kupwara
Srinagar: Security forces have recovered
another cache of arms and ammunition from Kupwara district of
Kashmir Valley where two militant hideouts were busted during
the last 24 hours.
Troops of 19 Rajput of Army unearthed an arms dump
during search operations at Behak area near the Line of
Control (LoC) in Trehgam, 130 kms from here, officials said.
The fresh recoveries included four AK 47 rifles, four
magazines, 111 rounds, two pistols, two magazines, 30 hand
grenades, four mortar bombs, two RPG rounds, six UBGL
grenades and 10 rounds, they aid.
Yesterday, the security forces had recovered 33 Under
Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) grenades, 17 rounds of Rocket
Projectile Gun (RPG), 14 hand grenades, two rifle grenades,
100 detonators, an AK assault rifle with a magazine, a pistol
with a magazine and 20 meters of cordex wire from the same
In another operation in Kupwara yesterday, security
forces recovered four AK magazines with 68 rounds and two
pistol magazines from Kundanar forest, 90 kms from here.
However, no one has been arrested during the
operations conducted as part of strict vigil being maintained
by Army to frustrate any attempt by militants to sneak into
the Valley from across the border, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice