J&K CPI(M) denounces "venomous speeches" by RSS leaders
Srinagar: Denouncing the "venomous speeches" made by Sangh Parivar leaders, the state unit of CPI (M) on Wednesday said these remarks should act as an eye-opener for proponents of BJP leader Narendra Modi, who see him as the next PM of the country.
"We denounce the venomous speeches made by BJP, Shiv Sena, RSS, VHP leaders like Amit Shah, Giriraj Singh, Pravin Togadia and Ramdas Kadam. The communal, fascist and divisive agenda loaded in their speeches reflects a pattern and should act as an eye-opener for proponents who see a ray of hope in Narendra Modi as the PM," Jammu and Kashmir CPI(M) Secretary, Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said.
The speeches made by these leaders reveal a "virulent propaganda" that has now seeped beyond the cities and towns into the rural landscape of the country adding to the vulnerability of minorities, he said in a statement here.
He further alleged that Sangh Parivar leaders have come out openly with "nefarious designs" to divide the people on communal lines.
"The proponents of Modi who take pride in delivering poisonous speeches besides their PM candidate are actually little spokes in the larger wheel of the Sangh Parivar`s plans to make India as Hindu Rashtra," Tarigami said.
The CPI (M) leader has also claimed that Shiv Sena-RSS-VHP want to turn the Indian state into a "religious monolith" with actual control on the BJP.
"What is more revealing is that Modi, who since his projection as the PM candidate by BJP all along, claims that his only electoral plank is good governance has failed to utter a single word disapproving what his adulators Shah, Singh, Togadia and Kadam have said," Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation