J&K: Engineer, wife charged in assets case
Srinagar: A government engineer and his wife have been charged by an anti-corruption court for allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to their income, including a "palatial" house in Kashmir Valley.
Court of Special Judge Anti Corruption Kashmir charged Executive Engineer, Mechanical, Abdul Rashid Haji of Qazipora village of Bandipora district and his wife Jamsheeda for possession of disproportionate assets, an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said that engineer had been booked under the Jammu and Kashmir Prevention of Corruption Act registered in Vigilance Organisation Kashmir in 2006.
During investigation, the engineer was found to have raised disproportionate assets worth Rs 1.07 crore, the spokesman said.
The accused engineer was found to have purchased land at Rawalpora locality with a palatial house built on it and also purchased a flat at Gurgaon in Haryana, he said.
The spokesman said the accused engineer was also in possession of bank balance of Rs 43 lakh with monthly expenditure of Rs 70,000.
During investigation, his wife was also found to have actively assisted her husband in the concealment of assets raised from ill-gotten money, he said.
She was found to have resorted to impersonation and forgery while maintaining the bank account and consequently, charges were invoked against her by Vigilance organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal