J&K: Four killed, two injured as car falls into gorge
Jammu: Three members of a family were
among four persons who were killed and two others injured,
when a car in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in
Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The car, which was carrying six persons, including a
couple and their new born baby, was on its way to Doda, when
the driver lost control over the vehicle and it fell into the
500-feet deep gorge at Gorda in the district late last night,
Due to the mishap, four persons, including three
members of a family, and the car driver died on the spot and
two others were critically injured, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Vipin Lal, his
wife Feeno Devi, and their seven-day-old baby and driver
Yassir Hamid, they said, adding that two critically injured
have been identified as Namberdar Fakir Chand and Monika Devi.
In another incident, a vehicle hit a motorist Darshan
Lal at Greater Kailash in the city, they said, adding Lal died
on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test