J&K: Four killed, two injured as car falls into gorge
Jammu: Three members of a family were
among four persons who were killed and two others injured,
when a car in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in
Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The car, which was carrying six persons, including a
couple and their new born baby, was on its way to Doda, when
the driver lost control over the vehicle and it fell into the
500-feet deep gorge at Gorda in the district late last night,
Due to the mishap, four persons, including three
members of a family, and the car driver died on the spot and
two others were critically injured, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Vipin Lal, his
wife Feeno Devi, and their seven-day-old baby and driver
Yassir Hamid, they said, adding that two critically injured
have been identified as Namberdar Fakir Chand and Monika Devi.
In another incident, a vehicle hit a motorist Darshan
Lal at Greater Kailash in the city, they said, adding Lal died
on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!