J&K: LeT militant killed in gunbattle
Srinagar: A Lashker-e-Toiba militant was
killed in a gunbattle with security forces in north Kashmir`s
Baramulla district Thursday.
The gunfight erupted in village Chanderhama in Pattan
area, some 30-km from here, when hiding militants fired at the
security forces, a police spokesman said.
A joint team of police and army descended on the village
following specific information that some LeT militants were
hiding there, he said.
The slain militant was identified as Nissar Ahmad
Magray alias Shakti, the spokesman said adding an AK-47 rifle,
two magazines, two grenades and some ammunition were recovered
The exchange of fire between the militants and security
forces was still on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India