J&K: PSO`s son killed in blast in Kishtwar
Jammu: The son of a Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a BJP leader was killed in a blast triggered by militants in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The blast took place outside the house of the PSO in Sounder village of Dacchan belt of Kishtwar district late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Bhim Sen Toti told PTI.
"We have sent a team lead by Station House Officer (SHO) to this remote belt which is a four-hour foot journey. Once they return, we will have full details", he said.
Initial reports said that militants hurled grenades at the house of Shadi Lal-- PSO of BJP Dachan President Ravi Kumar in village Sounder late last night. Hi nine-year-old son was killed in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre