J&K: PSO`s son killed in blast in Kishtwar
Jammu: The son of a Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a BJP leader was killed in a blast triggered by militants in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The blast took place outside the house of the PSO in Sounder village of Dacchan belt of Kishtwar district late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Bhim Sen Toti told PTI.
"We have sent a team lead by Station House Officer (SHO) to this remote belt which is a four-hour foot journey. Once they return, we will have full details", he said.
Initial reports said that militants hurled grenades at the house of Shadi Lal-- PSO of BJP Dachan President Ravi Kumar in village Sounder late last night. Hi nine-year-old son was killed in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional