J&K: Two held for smuggling fake currency
Jammu: Two persons, including a police
constable, have been arrested with fake currency having a face
value of over Rs 22,000 in Rajouri district.
During a late last night raid, constable Pawan Kumar and
government employee Mohmmad Altaf were arrested from their
houses with fake currency worth Rs 4,000, police said.
On their interrogation, the duo revealed that constable
Netar Prakash, Personal Security Officer of local BJP leader K
R Gupta was supplying fake currency to them, police said.
Fake currency with face value over Rs 18,000 was
recovered from Netar`s room, they said, adding there was no
involvement of the BJP leader in the racket.
"Prakash is still absconding. Raids are going on to trace
him. More arrests will take place," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?