J&K: Two held for smuggling fake currency
Jammu: Two persons, including a police
constable, have been arrested with fake currency having a face
value of over Rs 22,000 in Rajouri district.
During a late last night raid, constable Pawan Kumar and
government employee Mohmmad Altaf were arrested from their
houses with fake currency worth Rs 4,000, police said.
On their interrogation, the duo revealed that constable
Netar Prakash, Personal Security Officer of local BJP leader K
R Gupta was supplying fake currency to them, police said.
Fake currency with face value over Rs 18,000 was
recovered from Netar`s room, they said, adding there was no
involvement of the BJP leader in the racket.
"Prakash is still absconding. Raids are going on to trace
him. More arrests will take place," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened