J&K: Two held for smuggling fake currency
Jammu: Two persons, including a police
constable, have been arrested with fake currency having a face
value of over Rs 22,000 in Rajouri district.
During a late last night raid, constable Pawan Kumar and
government employee Mohmmad Altaf were arrested from their
houses with fake currency worth Rs 4,000, police said.
On their interrogation, the duo revealed that constable
Netar Prakash, Personal Security Officer of local BJP leader K
R Gupta was supplying fake currency to them, police said.
Fake currency with face value over Rs 18,000 was
recovered from Netar`s room, they said, adding there was no
involvement of the BJP leader in the racket.
"Prakash is still absconding. Raids are going on to trace
him. More arrests will take place," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed