JKNPP demands abolition of Upper House in J&K
Jammu: Alleging that the financial health of the state was going from bad to worse, the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Monday called for abolishing the Legislative Council in the state.
"Upper House should be abolished. Government should also do away with posts of Vice-Chairman in various PSUs to reduce burden on the state exchequer," Legislative Party leader of JKNPP, Harsh Dev Singh said while initiating a discussion in the Assembly.
He said the financial health of the state does not afford expenditure on these matters.
The JKNPP member called for equitable allocation of funds for development of all regions, besides timely release of funds for various departments so that benefits of various welfare schemes reach to the needy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi