Moderate intensity earthquake in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake shook Srinagar and adjoining areas today but there was no report of any casualty, officials said.
"A moderate earthquake of 5. 7 magnitude on Richter scale was felt in Srinagar and adjoining areas at 2.57 pm," a spokesman of the MET office said.
He said the epicentre of the earthquake was in Hindukush mountain region in Afghanistan at a latitude of 34.57 degrees North and longitude of 70.22 degrees East.
A police spokesman said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property.
The tremor, which lasted for a few seconds, caused panic among the people, many of whom were seen rushing out of buildings for safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das