Omar blames stone-pelters for curfew in Srinagar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday justified the imposition of curfew-like restrictions in parts of Srinagar city, in the aftermath of destruction of a revered shrine on Monday, blaming the incidents of stone-pelting for the harsh measures.
"Why don`t you blame the stone pelters? If I was (were) so keen to `curfew you`, I`d have done it without the stone throwing", Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.Com.
Omar was responding to criticism over the curfew-like restrictions imposed in six police station areas of the old city as a preventive measure following violent clashes on Monday that left over 50 persons injured.
The clashes broke out after the 200-year-old Dastageer Sahib Shrine at Khanyar was gutted in a fire incident.
Responding to a "taunt" that "in Kashmir CM stands for Curfew Minister", the Chief Minister responded, "Enjoy yourselves. You have to find something to amuse yourselves, so have fun".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?