Oppn parties in J&K demand rollback of fuel prices
Jammu: The opposition parties in Jammu and Kashmir today came out strongly against the "unprecedented" increase in petrol prices and demanded an immediate roll-back of the hike.
The BJP took out a protest march in the city with its district president Rajesh Gupta riding a horse-cart.
"The way petrol price has been hiked, the day is not far away when people will have to disown their vehicles and use horse-carts for conveyance," Gupta said.
He held the wrong policies of UPA government responsible for the Rs 7.50 per litre increase in petrol rates.
Meanwhile, principal opposition party in the state, Peoples Democratic Party also expressed annoyance over the issue.
"Keeping in mind the problems which people would to face due to the petrol price increase, we have demanded an immediate roll-back of the hike," PDP`s Jammu unit vice president Vikram Singh said.
The CPI(M) also came out against the fuel price hike and said it will have a cascading effect on the commodity market, which will put an additional burden on the people.
Speaking on similar lines, Panthers Party held the UPA government responsible for further increasing the miseries of common man.
The party workers burnt the effigy of Union Petroleum Minister, Jaipal Reddy.
Urging the government to reconsider its decision, Shiv Sena and Dogra front said the hike in petrol prices would compound the problems of the poor.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan