Pakistan provokes again, ceasefire violated in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, Pakistani troops carried out unprovoked firing at Mendar district of Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
The exchange of fire, which began at 9:00 am today, continues between the Indian and Pakistani soldiers.
Early today, the Pakistani Army began firing at two BSF posts Arania area of RS Pura from 3:00 am till 5:00 am.
Scared families from the nearby villages have come out of their houses after hearing repeated gunshots.
The Border Security (BSF) retaliated with equal calibre weapons. Fortunately, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Meanwhile, accusing Pakistan of violating ceasefire over and again, NCP leader Majid Memon said that Pakistan must make its stand clear on relations with India.
Majid Memon,NCP on Ceasefire violation : Pak must make their stand clear whether they want friendship or not pic.twitter.com/jNSNseVjF8
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 17, 2014
Since the Narendra Modi Government took oath on May 26, the Pakistan Army has violated the 2003 ceasefire agreement several times.
During his two-day visit to J&K, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley had said that the firing from across the border must stop as the ceasefire is in itself "a Confidence Building Measure".
Two BSF personnel, including an officer, were killed while four others injured when militants opened fired at their vehicle near the Awantipora IAF airfield in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow