Pakistan provokes again, ceasefire violated in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, Pakistani troops carried out unprovoked firing at Mendar district of Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
The exchange of fire, which began at 9:00 am today, continues between the Indian and Pakistani soldiers.
Early today, the Pakistani Army began firing at two BSF posts Arania area of RS Pura from 3:00 am till 5:00 am.
Scared families from the nearby villages have come out of their houses after hearing repeated gunshots.
The Border Security (BSF) retaliated with equal calibre weapons. Fortunately, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Meanwhile, accusing Pakistan of violating ceasefire over and again, NCP leader Majid Memon said that Pakistan must make its stand clear on relations with India.
Majid Memon,NCP on Ceasefire violation : Pak must make their stand clear whether they want friendship or not pic.twitter.com/jNSNseVjF8
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 17, 2014
Since the Narendra Modi Government took oath on May 26, the Pakistan Army has violated the 2003 ceasefire agreement several times.
During his two-day visit to J&K, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley had said that the firing from across the border must stop as the ceasefire is in itself "a Confidence Building Measure".
Two BSF personnel, including an officer, were killed while four others injured when militants opened fired at their vehicle near the Awantipora IAF airfield in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?