Pandemonium in JK Assembly, JKNPP stage walkout
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday
witnessed noisy scenes and a walkout by the opposition JKNPP,
BJP and JSM over non-inclusion of questions relating to JK
During the question hour in state Legislative Assembly
today, JKNPP member Harshdev Singh raised the issue that his
questions on Jammu and Kashmir Bank are not listed in the
"Why questions on J&K Bank are not figuring in the
business? I have submitted questions on it," he said and drew
the attention of Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on it.
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather intervened and
stated as JK Bank is an autonomous body, the rules do not
allow to discuss the issue relating to it in the Assembly.
However, Singh quoting business ruling said, Rather can
answer the questions relating to the bank as it falls under
Singh was joined by other JKNPP members and BJP members,
who raised the issue of back door appointment in the bank.
Raising slogans like "stop loot in J&K Bank" and "stop
back door appointments in J&K Bank", BJP, JKNPP and JSM
members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender