Pandemonium in JK Assembly, JKNPP stage walkout
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday
witnessed noisy scenes and a walkout by the opposition JKNPP,
BJP and JSM over non-inclusion of questions relating to JK
During the question hour in state Legislative Assembly
today, JKNPP member Harshdev Singh raised the issue that his
questions on Jammu and Kashmir Bank are not listed in the
"Why questions on J&K Bank are not figuring in the
business? I have submitted questions on it," he said and drew
the attention of Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on it.
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather intervened and
stated as JK Bank is an autonomous body, the rules do not
allow to discuss the issue relating to it in the Assembly.
However, Singh quoting business ruling said, Rather can
answer the questions relating to the bank as it falls under
Singh was joined by other JKNPP members and BJP members,
who raised the issue of back door appointment in the bank.
Raising slogans like "stop loot in J&K Bank" and "stop
back door appointments in J&K Bank", BJP, JKNPP and JSM
members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read