Pandemonium in JK Assembly, JKNPP stage walkout
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday
witnessed noisy scenes and a walkout by the opposition JKNPP,
BJP and JSM over non-inclusion of questions relating to JK
During the question hour in state Legislative Assembly
today, JKNPP member Harshdev Singh raised the issue that his
questions on Jammu and Kashmir Bank are not listed in the
"Why questions on J&K Bank are not figuring in the
business? I have submitted questions on it," he said and drew
the attention of Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on it.
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather intervened and
stated as JK Bank is an autonomous body, the rules do not
allow to discuss the issue relating to it in the Assembly.
However, Singh quoting business ruling said, Rather can
answer the questions relating to the bank as it falls under
Singh was joined by other JKNPP members and BJP members,
who raised the issue of back door appointment in the bank.
Raising slogans like "stop loot in J&K Bank" and "stop
back door appointments in J&K Bank", BJP, JKNPP and JSM
members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP