Pandemonium in JK Assembly, JKNPP stage walkout
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday
witnessed noisy scenes and a walkout by the opposition JKNPP,
BJP and JSM over non-inclusion of questions relating to JK
During the question hour in state Legislative Assembly
today, JKNPP member Harshdev Singh raised the issue that his
questions on Jammu and Kashmir Bank are not listed in the
"Why questions on J&K Bank are not figuring in the
business? I have submitted questions on it," he said and drew
the attention of Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone on it.
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather intervened and
stated as JK Bank is an autonomous body, the rules do not
allow to discuss the issue relating to it in the Assembly.
However, Singh quoting business ruling said, Rather can
answer the questions relating to the bank as it falls under
Singh was joined by other JKNPP members and BJP members,
who raised the issue of back door appointment in the bank.
Raising slogans like "stop loot in J&K Bank" and "stop
back door appointments in J&K Bank", BJP, JKNPP and JSM
members staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India