`Quarters being prepared for Kashmiri Pandit employees in J&K`
Srinagar: Pre-fabricated quarters are being
assembled at various places in the Kashmir Valley in order to
provide accommodation to Kashmiri Pandits selected under Prime
Minister`s employment package, a Jammu and Kashmir minister
said on Tuesday.
"Government is committed to provide accommodation to
Pandit migrant employees and in this connection pre-fabricated
quarters are coming up at different places," Minister for
Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Raman Bhalla said.
The project is a part of Prime Minister`s relief package
worth Rs 30 crores for Kashmiri migrants, he said.
The accommodation is meant for the new Kashmiri Pandit
employees recruited under Prime Minister`s Employment Package,
who are to be posted in the twin districts of Anantnag and
Kulgam, he said.
The project includes a multi-purpose community hall,
dispensary, fair price shop and boundary wall, besides
blacktopping of link road, the minister said.
At Vessu and Mattan, about 200 quarters are being
assembled over five hectares of land and finishing touches are
being given to 140 quarters which will be handed over to the
candidates by November, he said.
Separate blocks have been identified to accommodate female
candidates, Bhalla said, adding that the plinth work of 97
more quarters would be completed by next month.
The candidates selected in Baramulla and Kupwara
districts of north Kashmir would be given accommodation at
Baramulla in the first phase and in the second phase quarters
will be constructed at Kupwara, he said.
For Srinagar and Budgam districts, quarters are being
constructed at Sheikhpora near Srinagar Airport for the
candidates selected for Shopian district of south Kashmir, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez