HC extends stay on Dhoot`s arrest till May 8
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today extended till May 8 the stay order given against the arrest of industrialist Pawan Kumar Dhoot, who as an independent candidate is accused in the horse trading issue during 2012 Rajya Sabha polls.
After hearing petitions of Dhoot and another industrialist Sunil Maheswari, the single bench of Justice R R Prasad extended the stay against their arrest, but asked them to surrender to the CBI court on May 8.
The court had on April 26 stayed a special CBI court order till April 30 and posted the case for hearing today. The CBI court had on April 15 issued arrest warrants against them.
The CBI which is probing horse-trading allegations after Rs 2.15 crore was seized from a car in Ranchi on the polling day, will quiz the two industrialists on May 6.
The car allegedly belonged to the relative of one of the two Independent candidates. The other independent candidate in the fray was R K Agarwal.
The Election Commission of India had conducted a fresh elections for the two seats following cancellation of the previous elections in the face of the stunning seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune