Koda gets provisional bail for mother`s treatment
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Tuesday granted a three-week provisional bail to former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for treatment of his ailing mother in a case in connection with rural electrification scam.
Justice H C Mishra granted three weeks of provisional bail in the case after Koda prayed the court to allow him to look after his mother`s treatment.
The judge asked him to appear before the court after completion of the bail period.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 after being accused of his involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
He was the head of a ministry which was supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2009, when the scams surfaced, according to the ED, CBI and IT department. Koda has got bails in all other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites