Koda gets provisional bail for mother`s treatment
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Tuesday granted a three-week provisional bail to former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for treatment of his ailing mother in a case in connection with rural electrification scam.
Justice H C Mishra granted three weeks of provisional bail in the case after Koda prayed the court to allow him to look after his mother`s treatment.
The judge asked him to appear before the court after completion of the bail period.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 after being accused of his involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
He was the head of a ministry which was supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2009, when the scams surfaced, according to the ED, CBI and IT department. Koda has got bails in all other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!