Koda gets provisional bail for mother`s treatment
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Tuesday granted a three-week provisional bail to former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for treatment of his ailing mother in a case in connection with rural electrification scam.
Justice H C Mishra granted three weeks of provisional bail in the case after Koda prayed the court to allow him to look after his mother`s treatment.
The judge asked him to appear before the court after completion of the bail period.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 after being accused of his involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
He was the head of a ministry which was supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2009, when the scams surfaced, according to the ED, CBI and IT department. Koda has got bails in all other cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis