Koda gets provisional bail for mother`s treatment
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Tuesday granted a three-week provisional bail to former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for treatment of his ailing mother in a case in connection with rural electrification scam.
Justice H C Mishra granted three weeks of provisional bail in the case after Koda prayed the court to allow him to look after his mother`s treatment.
The judge asked him to appear before the court after completion of the bail period.
Koda is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 after being accused of his involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
He was the head of a ministry which was supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2009, when the scams surfaced, according to the ED, CBI and IT department. Koda has got bails in all other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof