Three killed, 63 injured in road accidents
Dumka/Giridih: Three persons were on Monday killed and 63 others injured in separate accidents in Dumka and Giridih districts of Jharkhand, police said.
A bus overturned at Inderbani village of Dumka district, killing two people on the spot and injuring 28 others, they said.
The injured were admitted to Dumka hospital with the condition of five of them stated to be serious.
The passengers were returning to Murshidabad in West Bengal after attending a function.
In another accident, one person died when his car collided with another vehicle on Grand Trunk road in Bagodar police station in Giridih district, sources said.
In the third accident, 24 persons were injured when their bus collided with a truck near Jalebiya ghati under Pirtand police station in Giridih tonight, police said.
The condition of three of them were serious, the sources added.
In the yet another mishap, eleven persons got injured when a vehicle overturned in Latko village in Giridih district.
The condition of two of the injured was stated to be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars