Three killed, 63 injured in road accidents
Dumka/Giridih: Three persons were on Monday killed and 63 others injured in separate accidents in Dumka and Giridih districts of Jharkhand, police said.
A bus overturned at Inderbani village of Dumka district, killing two people on the spot and injuring 28 others, they said.
The injured were admitted to Dumka hospital with the condition of five of them stated to be serious.
The passengers were returning to Murshidabad in West Bengal after attending a function.
In another accident, one person died when his car collided with another vehicle on Grand Trunk road in Bagodar police station in Giridih district, sources said.
In the third accident, 24 persons were injured when their bus collided with a truck near Jalebiya ghati under Pirtand police station in Giridih tonight, police said.
The condition of three of them were serious, the sources added.
In the yet another mishap, eleven persons got injured when a vehicle overturned in Latko village in Giridih district.
The condition of two of the injured was stated to be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus