Three killed, 63 injured in road accidents
Dumka/Giridih: Three persons were on Monday killed and 63 others injured in separate accidents in Dumka and Giridih districts of Jharkhand, police said.
A bus overturned at Inderbani village of Dumka district, killing two people on the spot and injuring 28 others, they said.
The injured were admitted to Dumka hospital with the condition of five of them stated to be serious.
The passengers were returning to Murshidabad in West Bengal after attending a function.
In another accident, one person died when his car collided with another vehicle on Grand Trunk road in Bagodar police station in Giridih district, sources said.
In the third accident, 24 persons were injured when their bus collided with a truck near Jalebiya ghati under Pirtand police station in Giridih tonight, police said.
The condition of three of them were serious, the sources added.
In the yet another mishap, eleven persons got injured when a vehicle overturned in Latko village in Giridih district.
The condition of two of the injured was stated to be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police