Bangalore bus driver makes futile attempt to rape woman; throws her out
Bangalore: A state transport bus driver allegedly attempted rape on a lone woman passenger in a bus and threw her out when she resisted after robbing her of her handbag, police said.
The driver identified as Siddharth has been arrested, they said.
The incident occurred late on March 13 night after all passengers had alighted at Banashankari area. The woman from Punjab then asked him the way to Devegowda petrol bunk to which he said he would drop her at the spot.
After driving for some distance, he allegedly stopped the bus and tried to rape her, but when she raised an alarm, he got scared and drove the bus towards Chamarajpet, pushed her out of the bus after robbing her of her bag, police said.
Later, the injured woman lodged a complaint at Chamarajpet police station, based on which he was arrested yesterday.
Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy today told reporters that three policemen attached to the police station had been suspended.
He said the driver has been suspended and the government
would bear the full medical expenses of the woman to treat her injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter