Girl gets poor marks, made to beg by father
Mysore: In a shocking incident, a 12-year-old girl was forced to beg by her father in Mysore after she scored poorly in her exams.
Prakash Swamy, who works as a senior assistant lab technician, forced his daughter to beg in her school uniform in front of a city temple as he was upset with her for faring badly in Class VII exams.
The girl, who was weeping while sitting in front of the temple, was taken to a police station by an NGO worker.
The police then arrested Prakash and produced him before a local court which granted him bail. A case has been registered against him under the Juvenile Justice Act.
Justifying his action, Prakash told cops that his “intention was to teach her the hardships of life".
"My father used to shout at me every day for getting out of bed late and not scoring good marks. He was very angry yesterday and gave me an aluminium bowl before forcibly making me beg near a temple," the girl told police, as per a newspaper.
The girl for now is in the custody of Child Welfare Committee, as the father is refusing to accept her saying she has "spoilt his reputation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!