Girl gets poor marks, made to beg by father
Mysore: In a shocking incident, a 12-year-old girl was forced to beg by her father in Mysore after she scored poorly in her exams.
Prakash Swamy, who works as a senior assistant lab technician, forced his daughter to beg in her school uniform in front of a city temple as he was upset with her for faring badly in Class VII exams.
The girl, who was weeping while sitting in front of the temple, was taken to a police station by an NGO worker.
The police then arrested Prakash and produced him before a local court which granted him bail. A case has been registered against him under the Juvenile Justice Act.
Justifying his action, Prakash told cops that his “intention was to teach her the hardships of life".
"My father used to shout at me every day for getting out of bed late and not scoring good marks. He was very angry yesterday and gave me an aluminium bowl before forcibly making me beg near a temple," the girl told police, as per a newspaper.
The girl for now is in the custody of Child Welfare Committee, as the father is refusing to accept her saying she has "spoilt his reputation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city