Six-year-old gang-raped in Bangalore school; police question 2 staffers
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: In a horrific incident, a six-year-old girl was gang-raped in an upmarket school in East Bangalore.
The incident triggered protests outside the school with parents alleging that the authorities used their power to downplay the issue. As per the parents, the school `tried to cover up the matter` and did not inform them about the incident, which took place on July 02.
The parents also said that the incident was revealed when the girl was taken to a hospital after she expressed discomfort.
According to investigating officers, the Class I student was gang-raped by two staffers of Vibgyor School during school hours. A gym instructor and a security guard have been detained.
The girl is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
Describing it as an unfortunate incident, the principal of the school said the guilty will be punished.
Commenting on the protests outside the school, the principal said this was not a forum to express grievances. “We will provide an e-mail ID.”
The school authorities also confirmed that two staff members, suspected of being involved in the case, are being questioned by police.
In a country where crime against women are on the rise, the incident, which occurred in school campus, underlines the gravity of the problem India faces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!