Sunitha Krishnan appointed advisor for Kerala women`s project
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted social activist Sunitha Krishnan has been appointed as the state advisor to the government`s project `Nirbhaya` for protection of women and children.
Krishnan is currently chief of Hyderabad-based Non-Governmental Organisation `Prajjwala`, which works in the area of rehabilitation and welfare of women and children rescued from miserable conditions.
Through the innovative scheme `Nirbhaya` (fearless), the government aims at making the state women-friendly where women can safely travel even during night, an official release said.
The scheme also envisages setting up of special Fast Track Courts for early disposal of sexual harassment cases and other cases involving violence against women.
The scheme is being jointly implemented by various government departments like social welfare, SC/ST, police, health, labour and local self government in co-ordination with NGOs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof