Sunitha Krishnan appointed advisor for Kerala women`s project
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted social activist Sunitha Krishnan has been appointed as the state advisor to the government`s project `Nirbhaya` for protection of women and children.
Krishnan is currently chief of Hyderabad-based Non-Governmental Organisation `Prajjwala`, which works in the area of rehabilitation and welfare of women and children rescued from miserable conditions.
Through the innovative scheme `Nirbhaya` (fearless), the government aims at making the state women-friendly where women can safely travel even during night, an official release said.
The scheme also envisages setting up of special Fast Track Courts for early disposal of sexual harassment cases and other cases involving violence against women.
The scheme is being jointly implemented by various government departments like social welfare, SC/ST, police, health, labour and local self government in co-ordination with NGOs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living