Sunitha Krishnan appointed advisor for Kerala women`s project
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted social activist Sunitha Krishnan has been appointed as the state advisor to the government`s project `Nirbhaya` for protection of women and children.
Krishnan is currently chief of Hyderabad-based Non-Governmental Organisation `Prajjwala`, which works in the area of rehabilitation and welfare of women and children rescued from miserable conditions.
Through the innovative scheme `Nirbhaya` (fearless), the government aims at making the state women-friendly where women can safely travel even during night, an official release said.
The scheme also envisages setting up of special Fast Track Courts for early disposal of sexual harassment cases and other cases involving violence against women.
The scheme is being jointly implemented by various government departments like social welfare, SC/ST, police, health, labour and local self government in co-ordination with NGOs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan