Two new German visa offices in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Two new German visa facilitation centres will open here and in Kochi later this month, a German diplomat said on Monday.
The centre in the state capital will be housed at the Technopark campus and the second one will be in Kochi, Joern Rohde, consular general of Germany in Bangalore, told the media here.
"The inauguration will take place on March 14 and from then on, all those who wish to travel to Germany will have to apply to any of these two centres for their visa," Rohde said.
He said there has been an increase in the number of people approaching for a visa to travel to Germany from southern India.
"Every year for the past four years there has been a 20 percent growth in the number of applicants intending to travel to Germany from south India. A total of 10 percent of these applicants come from Kerala," Rohde added.
Rohde said that of late there has been an increase in the number of students coming to Germany for higher studies.
"In Germany, now English has become a language for the master`s courses and also the fees are much less than in other countries," he added.
He said today there is so much competition among various people for jobs in Germany.
"Language skills in German has become a must now in all areas of jobs and people from numerous countries do apply for jobs and hence there is stiff competition in all sectors," Rohde said.
On probable investments from Germany in Kerala, he said there is huge competition from Indian states to attract investors and it`s the companies that make the decision on their investments.
A few years back car major BMW, after raising high hopes of setting up a facility at Kochi, decided otherwise and opened the plant in Chennai.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test