Moderate earthquake rattles eastern Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter Scale hit eastern Madhya Pradesh early on Thursday.
The earthquake occurred at 08:03:29 AM IST. The epicentre of the earthquake was 27 kilometeres below earth surface. Geographically, the epicentre was 19 km North North West of Jaisinghnagar and 58 km North East of Umaria, near Shahdol.
The epicentre of the earthquake, of magnitude 5 on the Richter scale, was about 150 kms from Jabalpur division, Raipur Met office director M L Sahu told PTI.
"It appears to be a low intensity earthquake with its epicentre nearly 150 kms away from Jabalpur," a scientist in-charge of Observatory at Bargi hills near Jabalpur said.
As of now there are no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes