Moderate earthquake rattles eastern Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
Bhopal: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter Scale hit eastern Madhya Pradesh early on Thursday.
The earthquake occurred at 08:03:29 AM IST. The epicentre of the earthquake was 27 kilometeres below earth surface. Geographically, the epicentre was 19 km North North West of Jaisinghnagar and 58 km North East of Umaria, near Shahdol.
The epicentre of the earthquake, of magnitude 5 on the Richter scale, was about 150 kms from Jabalpur division, Raipur Met office director M L Sahu told PTI.
"It appears to be a low intensity earthquake with its epicentre nearly 150 kms away from Jabalpur," a scientist in-charge of Observatory at Bargi hills near Jabalpur said.
As of now there are no reports of any loss of life or damage to property.
More details are awaited.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires