Poll defeat in four states disappointing: Digvijay Singh
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Friday that results of the recent assembly elections in four states of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Chhattisgarh where his party lost, were very disappointing for him.
He told reporters today that as per his assessment, the Congress should have got 110 to 120 of the total 230 seats in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
One of the main reasons for the party`s defeat in Madhya Pradesh was that the party was almost totally wiped out in the Malwa region of the state, he said.
He said compared to the last elections, the Congress vote share had gone up in Madhya Pradesh, but added that votes polled by the BJP had also gone up.
Asked about when the Congress leadership would name a new state president for the Madhya Pradesh unit of the party, Singh said that a decision is likely to be taken soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog