Poll defeat in four states disappointing: Digvijay Singh
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Friday that results of the recent assembly elections in four states of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Chhattisgarh where his party lost, were very disappointing for him.
He told reporters today that as per his assessment, the Congress should have got 110 to 120 of the total 230 seats in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
One of the main reasons for the party`s defeat in Madhya Pradesh was that the party was almost totally wiped out in the Malwa region of the state, he said.
He said compared to the last elections, the Congress vote share had gone up in Madhya Pradesh, but added that votes polled by the BJP had also gone up.
Asked about when the Congress leadership would name a new state president for the Madhya Pradesh unit of the party, Singh said that a decision is likely to be taken soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu